Long Engineering is set to replace an existing 2 lane, 120 foot structurally deficient bridge on Airport Road at Coldwater Creek with a proposed 2 lane bridge and roadway approaches (approximately 680 feet west and 600 feet east of Coldwater Creek) for the City of Oxford, AL. Airport Road runs east and west and is located north of I-20 between the Cities of Oxford, AL and Munford, AL. The proposed project will be designed to meet current FHWA and ALDOT design standards.
Long Engineering, Inc. has been selected by the Georgia Department of Transportation as the prime consultant responsible for replacing six bridges in northwest Georgia at the following locations:
- CR 38/Shallowford Bridge Road at the Toccoa River south of Morganton (Fannin Co.)
- SR 1/US 17 at Big Dry Creek in Rome (Floyd Co.)
- SR 1/ US 17 at Cedar Creek Tributary in Cedartown (Polk Co.)
- SR 1/ US 27 at Lake Creek in Cedartown (Polk Co.)
- SR 1/ US 27 at West Chickamauga Creek (Walker Co.)
- SR 136 at Coosawattee River east of Nichelsville (Gordon Co.)
Services are turn-key and include concept development, environmental permitting, survey, subsurface utility engineering, and preliminary and final roadway, bridge, and erosion control plans.