Marketing Communications Specialist
Under the direction of the Marketing Director, the successful Marketing Communication Specialist will support organizational leaders by assisting with project opportunities; creating professional marketing presentations and materials, developing persuasive proposals, updating website and social media marketing content, and maintaining organizational systems and tools to promote overall marketing efficiency, effectiveness, and consistency. This position will provide a variety of marketing support functions as outlined below:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Works directly with the Marketing Director and other project stakeholders in the undertaking of daily marketing tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the Department’s activities and deadlines.
- Develops custom, creative marketing and graphical content for proposal responses, presentations, and marketing templates that are created utilizing Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Director, Proposal Specialist, and Key Project Stakeholders regarding ongoing proposal pursuits to ensure all information, forms, and submittal data is current and accurate.
- Assists with updating various proposal drafts (text/graphics) as well as final production, ensuring timely delivery of proposals in accordance with RFP instructions – printing, binding, and packaging.
- Assists with project schedules, coordinating meetings, and deadlines for marketing and proposal initiatives.
- Supports production, organization, and upkeep of project descriptions, team resumes, file assets, past proposal content, and template repositories/libraries.
- Assists with the design creation and editing of marketing materials, brochures, promotional items, and other related marketing needs in support of our overall business goals.
- Maintains organized and efficient filing system(s) ensuring accountability for actions.
- Assists in the composition of content for the company’s website, newsletter, and social media account to engage our targeted demographic.
- Works with the Marketing Director to manage corporate brand and marketing initiatives.
- Assists with research of internal/external public project procurement, bid sites, and online CMS platform.
- Assists Marketing Director to set up, promote, and execute pursuit-specific outreach to clients and prospects.
- Helps maintain relationships with marketing counterparts of clients, potential clients, architects, engineers, and contractors in relation to business development needs and marketing/proposal support.
- Provides periodic support for Marketing and Business Development needs at industry events and tradeshows.
- Aids in the preliminary coordination of our professional photographer for completed A&E projects.
- Assists in the creation of project award submittals and opportunities
Preferred Qualifications, Experience, Attributes and Skills:
- Qualifications: Minimum 2-year degree in Marketing, Graphic Arts, or related field plus 2-3 years of marketing/graphics experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator/Etc.).
- Must be proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Experience in the A/E Industry with private and public clients is a major plus.
- RFP/Q Response, Photography editing and Infographic experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure of marketing and proposal deadlines, fast-paced environment, and with last-minute changes.
- Effective communication skills – verbal, writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting skills.
- High level of dependability, integrity, detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Works well with little supervision, displays initiative, independent thinking, and teamwork.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, and takes ownership of project assignments from start to finish.
- Contributes fresh ideas to keep the firm’s marketing deliverables competitive and current.
- Consistent desire to learn new skills and receive constructive feedback
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal business hours to meet marketing project deadlines (and corresponding company flexibility in your normal workdays/hours).
Other Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Long Engineering (an Atlas Company) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status
- Long Engineering (an Atlas Company) offers a complete and competitive benefit package
- This is an onsite position.
Please submit resume and portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.