Land Survey LiDAR Technician | North Charleston, SC
Atlas Technical Consultants is an infrastructure solutions company with 3500+ employees nationwide. We are currently looking for technically strong and driven individuals to help us grow our expertise within the Southern region out of our North Charleston, South Carolina office.
This position will be responsible for Collecting and processing various forms of LiDAR data, preparing 3D models and drawings, survey drawing, plans and survey base mapping primarily for SCDOT and private Land Development projects. They will have experience working in multiple Reality Capture software platforms as well as Civil 3D, Bentley’s InRoads and /or Open Roads Designer software platforms.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Will work primarily in the office on various types of Laser Scanning and other surveying projects.
- Must be able perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence.
- Field and Office tasks associated with 3D scanning including the following
- Post processing (Registration) of the 3d laser scan data.
- Perform quality checks on field notes and data files.
- Perform point cloud analysis
- Modeling from the point cloud
- Prepare Existing Conditions and As-Built Drawings
- Creating reports and presentations as needed
- Develop TIN files, DTM, XML and contours using appropriate field located points and breaklines as well as data from other sources.
- Daily coordination with Survey Manager/Director, survey crew, field coordinator, project managers and other office staff.
- This position could require out of town work.
- The position may require standing and walking all day over varied terrain and in all in seasons (hot and cold weather).
- Strong technical and math skills preferred.
- Reliable, hardworking individuals can succeed in this position
- High School graduation or GED preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work effectively with other technical professionals
- Must be able to write legibly and convey technical information as well as the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from manager and groups of co-workers.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive office experience in 3D Scanning; laser scan capture, post processing, analysis and modeling
- Associate Degree or higher in a survey program or equivalent is a plus.
- Previous experience with Mobile or Aerial LiDAR relative to Land Surveying is highly preferred.
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including point cloud registration, Leica Cyclone, ReCap, AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Micro Station, Realworks and Revit is a plus.
- 5 or more years of years of progressive field and office experience in land surveying is a plus.
- Computer skills with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation (in-Roads or Open Roads Designer (ORD)), and Trimble Business Center Software is highly preferred.
- Previous experience working on SCDOT projects is highly desirable and candidates will be considered highly preferred.
- Experience with Leica Scanning Equipment and software is preferred not required.
Other miscellaneous qualities:
- This position could require out of town work and if so, travel requirements will vary from overnight to a week at a time.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within the same day
- Small UAS Part 107 license and drone flight experience are not required but would be considered a plus.
Please submit all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.