Land Survey Instrument Operator
Instrument Operator, as an entry level position, will be responsible for working with and taking direction from a supervising Crew Chief and office staff, working in the field to complete various land survey projects. They will have the experience or ability to learn to ensure the accuracy of field work, perform field calculations, operate and maintain survey equipment, make proper field notes and sketches, ensure the proper maintenance of crew vehicles, adhere to all applicable safety procedures and other duties as necessary to complete complex land surveying projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Collect field survey data using conventional and robotic total stations and GPS survey equipment
- Interact with the survey crews as well as ensure that the proper field data is being collected
- Become familiar with land survey standards of various government agencies to make sure finished survey efforts are in compliance with standards
- Other duties as necessary to complete complex survey projects
- The physical and mental ability to work in a variety of challenging outdoor environments and weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and willingness to submit to a pre-hire background check.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven record of being a team player, strong work ethic and dependability
- Strong math and reasoning skills
- Ability to pass drug screening prior to employment and willingness to work as part of a drug free work place
Other Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Commitment to detail and quality of work
- Ability to positively communicate with peers and clients
- Ability to work overtime and travel throughout the state of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and lift up to 50 lbs, and stoop, bend and stand throughout the course of up to a 12 hour day in varying terrain
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within the same day
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with the company’s Safety Manual
Please submit all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.