Land Survey CAD Technician
The Survey CAD Technician position will be responsible for working with a Registered Land Surveyor to develop survey databases, boundary, ALTA Land Title Surveys and topographic surveys utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D, from data provided by our survey crews. The candidate must be detail oriented, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Research of property records online and at courthouses
- Process field survey data using AutoCAD Civil 3D to develop finished survey drawings
- Interact with the survey crews as well as ensure that the proper field data is being collected
- Become familiar with CAD standards of various government agencies to make sure finished survey drawings are in compliance with standards
- Development of 3D digital terrain models, based on field data, to be used for engineering design, utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Occasional assistance in the field to confirm finished drawings are representative of field conditions
- Other duties as necessary to complete complex survey projects
- 3+ years of experience in land surveying
- 2+ years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D creating 2D and 3D drawing deliverables.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven record of completing complex surveys accurately, within specified schedules and under budget.
Other Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Working knowledge of land survey concepts
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D in a civil engineering and land surveying setting
- Desire to further career in surveying, preferably as a LSIT and Registered Land Surveyor
- Desire to work with a highly skilled Registered Land Surveyor to learn advanced survey techniques
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Commitment to detail and quality of work
- Ability to positively communicate with peers and clients
- Experience with PIX4D, Revit, Cyclone, Global Mapper, StarNet and MicroStation InRoads a plus.
Please submit all inquiries to Jaime Higgins at email@example.com.