Land Survey CAD Technician | North Charleston, SC
Atlas Technical Consultants is an infrastructure solutions company with 3500+ employees nationwide. We are currently looking for technically strong and driven individuals to help us grow our expertise within the Southern region out of our North Charleston, South Carolina office.
This position will be responsible for preparing survey drawing, plans and base mapping primarily for SCDOT and private Land Development projects. They will have experience working in Bentley’s InRoads and /or Open Roads Designer software platforms.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Will work primarily in the office on various types of surveying projects such as: control, boundary, topographic, DOT, construction layout and more.
- Must be experienced with performing quality checks on field notes and data files submitted by field crews and processing raw data files from total stations/GPS/Digital Levels into ASCII formatted text files or CSV files.
- Office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations as well as preparing base mapping, exhibits, boundary survey drawings, topographic maps and right-of-way maps.
- Develop TIN files, DTM, XML and contours using appropriate field located points and breaklines as well as data from other sources.
- Research land records and deed information from various public sources.
- Read and plot deeds, easement and right-of-way documents as well as other legal documents.
- Must be able perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence.
- Daily coordination with Survey Manager/Director, survey crew, field coordinator, project managers and other office staff.
- This position could require out of town work.
- The position may require standing and walking all day over varied terrain and in all in seasons (hot and cold weather).
- Strong technical and math skills preferred.
- Reliable, hardworking individuals can succeed in this position
- High School graduation or GED preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work effectively with other technical professionals
- Must be able to write legibly and convey technical information as well as the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from manager and groups of co-workers.
- Associate Degree or higher in a survey program or equivalent is a plus.
- 5 or more years of years of progressive field and office experience in land surveying or 3 years of office experience with Microstation.
- Computer skills with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation (in-Roads or Open Roads Designer (ORD)), and Trimble Business Center Software is a plus.
- Scanning and 3D Modeling experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working on SCDOT projects is highly desirable and candidates will be considered highly preferred Scanning and 3D Modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience with Trimble Surveying Equipment and data collectors is preferred not required.
Other miscellaneous qualities:
- This position could require out of town work and if so, travel requirements will vary from overnight to a week at a time.
- Knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
- Small UAS Part 107 license and drone flight experience are not required but would be considered a plus.
Please submit all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.