Land Survey CAD Technician – Crew Chief | Atlanta, GA
The Survey Technician – Crew Chief position will be responsible for working with and taking direction from supervising office staff, working in the field to complete various land survey projects in the Atlanta Metro area, Georgia and on occasion projects in the surrounding States. They will have the experience to ensure the accuracy of field work, supervise a two or three person field crew, perform field calculations, operate and maintain Leica survey equipment, make proper field notes and sketches, ensure the proper maintenance of crew vehicles, adhere to all applicable safety procedures and other duties as necessary to complete complex land surveying projects.
Long Engineering will provide the training and experience necessary to advance as a Land Survey Technician in the survey industry, offering job growth and opportunity for candidates that demonstrate ambition and ability.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Research of property records online and at courthouses
- Collect field survey data using conventional and robotic total stations and GPS survey equipment
- Interact with and effectively supervise the survey crew as well as ensure that the proper field data is being collected
- Become familiar with land survey standards of various government agencies to make sure field survey efforts are in compliance with standards
- Extensive Boundary/Cadastral Survey experience
- Topographic Mapping Skills
- Leica Survey equipment (Total Station and GPS)
- Knowledge of field survey engineering methods and techniques and survey instruments.
- Knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
- Other duties as necessary to complete complex survey projects
- 7+ years of experience in land surveying.
- 5+ years responsible charge as a Crew Chief
- The physical and mental ability to work in a variety of challenging outdoor environments and weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven record of being a team player, strong work ethic and dependability
- Strong math and reasoning skills
- Ability to pass a pre-hire drug screening and willingness to work as part of a drug free work place
Other Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Commitment to detail and quality of work
- Ability to positively communicate with peers and clients
- Ability to work overtime and travel throughout the state of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and lift up to 50 lbs, and stoop, bend and stand throughout the course of up to a 12 hour day in varying terrain
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within the same day
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with the company’s Safety Manual
- Small UAS Part 107 license and drone flight experience are not required, but would be considered a plus.
Please submit all inquiries to email@example.com.